Does your trade show marketing plan include a great giveaway? It should! These fun little freebies are often sought after by trade show attendees and can help drive traffic to your trade show exhibit. You can get even more bang for your buck if you choose a giveaway that people will take home and actually use after the show ends.
There are thousands of gifts, tchotchkes and trinkets given away at events these days, so you will have a wide variety of items from which to choose. Customization is available with most items, so take advantage of this opportunity to include things about your company, such as:
- Logos, company colors and other branding elements.
- Contact information – phone number, email and website.
- Social site URLs.
- QR code to your website or a landing page that ties into the event or a contest.
It isn’t necessary to include all of this information, but providing at least one way to contact your organization is typically a good idea.
Choose Trade Show Giveaways that Deliver Results
Ask yourself what you want to accomplish from the giveaway. Are you providing this little gift as an act of good will, or would you like to get some return for your investment? Most marketers would say both.
Think about the outcome or reaction you hope to trigger from the giveaway as part of your trade show marketing strategy. Consider choosing a giveaway that:
- People will use long after the show ends. Why? The recipient will be exposed to your brand and have access to contact information for months or even years to come.
- Acts as a conversation starter during the show. Why? If you pick something unique that other people want, they will find their way to your trade show booth.
- Offers something of higher value to current customers and prospects. Why? You can promote the giveaway prior to the show to pre-qualified attendees who you either want to upsell (current customers) or start a relationship with (prospects) face-to-face. Again, you’re driving traffic to your trade show exhibit. You can still keep less expensive items on hand for new prospects you meet at the show.
- Will drive traffic to online sites. Why? If you can’t close the sale at the show, the prospective customer will have a place to go to learn more about your business’s products or services, and this gives you another opportunity to gather their contact information as well as convert prospects into customers. Trackable URLs, phone numbers, email addresses and QR codes will also allow you to measure ROI.
Trade Show Giveaways That People Will Love
Lanyards, badge holders and totes are handy items that people will utilize during the show. These options are great marketing tools that can promote your company during an event, which is a smart investment. But why not extend the life of your trade show marketing by selecting additional giveaways that people will use and have around for a longer period of time?
- Quality pens. People love GOOD pens; the cheap ones end up in the bottom of the desk drawer or trash.
- Desktop items. Stress balls, the aforementioned pens, coffee cups, travel mugs, hand sanitizer, post-its and magnetic calendars are good options.
- Tech items. Flash drives, mini speakers, USB chargers, charger mats, docking stations, tablet sleeves or a travel mouse will wow anyone from geek to business traveler.
- Cool tools Mini screwdriver, tool kits, flashlights, penlights, laser lights, bottle openers and tape measures will be used at home, in the office or on the go.
- Kitchen gadgets. Rubber jar openers, rubber bowl scrapers, chip clips, pot holders, trivets and reusable grocery bags can help bring your brand home.
- Miscellaneous items. Baseball caps, visors , reusable airport travel liquids bags, stadium cushions, books of interest to your target market, golf sets, pill caddies and ice scrapers round out the list.
If you need help narrowing down your list of trade show ideas and giveaways, visit The Trade Group’s® promotional products website. We offer great gifts that people can enjoy during and after your next trade show event.