Eco-Friendly Trade Show Ideas
Green is the new black these days, so why not make your trade show appearance a green one to bolster customer support and keep the environmental impact as small as possible. It is becoming more and more important to consumers, organizations and governments that everything we do in our daily lives is environmentally sound. So why not bring that green thinking from our domestic lives to the trade show? Admittedly there is a very wide range of what is considered green enough between different people. Simply recycling in some cases is good enough but for others your entire manufacturing and shipping processes should be carbon neutral and not emit any harmful emissions. Going green at your trade show will impress even the most vehement of green supporters, because after all a trade show is your time to show off and showing off in a green way will bring you much support and even new consumers wishing for an ecologically friendly future.
Here are some ideas that can help you to start being a green exhibitor:
Trade Show Promotional Items and Giveaways:
- Pens are one of the most commonly used promotional items at a trade show as they are handy and easy to brand. Yet often these come at a cost to the environment, so why not opt for recycled pens made out of inanimate otherwise waste products such as old car tires, vending machine cups and waste paper.
- It’s great that you want to give out reports to the consumers to keep them in the loop but it wastes an awful lot of paper. Why not consider presenting all of the information digitally whether on a branded USB flash drive which they can later reuse or even better set up a registration list at the booth and email them the reports.
- Reusable grocery bags will go down well with any consumer, they are easy to brand with a large logo or slogan and will give you free advertising each time the consumer goes shopping!
Trade Show Display Materials:
- If you are going to be using paper based materials for the show such as fliers, posters and handouts than make sure they are all printed on recycled paper
- Use recycled or recyclable materials to build your trade show, you could hire a trade show booth designer to create a spectacular trade show booth made of natural products such as bamboo as well.
- Use LED lighting instead of standard fluorescent or incandescent lighting. By using LED lighting you can save up to 95% off the energy cost of using traditional lighting.
By putting just a few of these ideas into practice when developing a green trade show booth your consumers will recognize your commitment to the environment thereby earning their appreciation and hopefully more sales.