TRADE SECRETS BLOG
Tradeshow Cost Saving Measures
Trade Show Budget Saving Techniques
By practicing smart cost saving methods, a company can increase their ROI, and decrease the amount of money going out of the company coffers.
- Plan of Action: What do you want to get out of your tradeshow experience? Knowing this will help you set out a plan of action that will allow you to accomplish your goals, and allow you to see where excessive funds are being spent. Write down all of the expenses to the business, right down to and including baggage fees for airline trips.
- Exhibit: If you’ve been to tradeshows before and have your exhibit consider re-using it whole cloth, or just refurbishing it. A few minor changes can make an old exhibit look brand new. If you don’t have an exhibit, consider renting on. These easy to use exhibits are also typically light weight and can be shipped relatively inexpensively, and do not require extensive set up.
- Logistics: Instead of making costly mistakes, allow the professional to manage your tradeshow participation. The Trade Group can coordinate all of the items and services that will make your next trade show outstanding. Our professional staff can prepare and complete your show forms, process payments and verify schedules of any item, service or utility. From audio/visual equipment and badges, to computers, water lines and everything in between.
- Staffing: In days gone by you could go to a tradeshow and see an exhibit staffed with multitudes of people. These days, the cost of travel, housing and board for staff members as well as ancillary costs for their travel can add up to quite a bit of money. Allowing a select few to travel to the event will keep these costs down and allow you to have a greater ROI.
- Be Selective: Be very choosy about the tradeshows that you attend. In past years companies would attend great numbers of tradeshows, but these days it is better to choose quality over quantity. Which tradeshows play best to your target audience? Where are you likely to pick up large numbers of customers? Will many of your competitors be there? By being selective, you will have a greater ability to attract customers.
Regardless of what tradeshow(s) you decide to participate in, it is important to put your best foot forward and have an exhibit that showcases what your company does. The Trade Group has over 25 years of experience in helping businesses make the most of their tradeshow experience.
The opinions expressed by the blogger authors in the Trade Secrets Blog are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of The Trade Group, Inc. or any of it’s subsidiaries. The information in this weblog is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Please use your own discretion before making any decisions based on the information in this blog. Comments on this website are the sole responsibility of their writers and the writer will take full responsibility and liability for its content.