Going Green is a new standard across many industries. Being green is a challenge that you want to undertake. Consider the benefits of recycling your exhibit and how this can improve the carbon footprint of your exhibit. It is beneficial to recycle your exhibit and not always going for the new model. First, benefit is the economic factor. Recycling your exhibit will save you money that you could put towards a new exhibit for the future or in other marketing ventures for your exhibit. Second, you are doing a kind thing for the environment. Third, you are showing your customers that you care about the environment.If being green is of importance to you, then do some research and see what materials your exhibit is constructed, and which materials are more earth friendly. Create an exhibit of high quality that’s going to have the longest life possible. This is probably one of the most effective ways to measure a positive environmental impact.What are different ways to recycle your exhibit:
- You can re-use the same exhibit or take pieces from existing exhibits and mesh them. Again, this saves from having to purchase a brand new exhibit for every show that you plan on doing. Consider refurbishing your current exhibit.
- Reduce your carbon footprint; instead of having a big bulky exhibit consider something more light weight. Consider how you are shipping your exhibit as well. The heavier the exhibit, the heavier the carbon footprint.
- Rent the exhibit. Talk about a way to make sure that you are reducing your carbon footprint, along with recycling your exhibit and being kind to the environment, renting is the perfect option. It allows you to not be stuck with just one type of exhibit.
Here are some additional ways you can be more green
- For your give-away items, instead of standard plastics, look for tchotchkes made from corn plastics, which break down naturally.
- Your give-away items can offer green tips along with promoting your product.
- Consider the travel accommodations. There are different hotel chains that offer green options.
- Don’t overstaff your booth, this will save time, energy and money. You wont have to have travel as often and lodging for more people then are necessary.
Going Green does not have to cost a fortune and it does not have to happen overnight, consider taking small steps towards the larger goal of leaving less of a carbon footprint. Knowledge is power and informing the public that you care about the earth is a good business practice along with being a good thing to do as a human being. Your customers may already be asking your staff about how green the company is. It’s important to educate your staff on how to answer these questions. Having a more green exhibit may be a good option. Emphasize to your staff the importance of recycling on the road. It’s the little steps that when combined together will make the biggest difference.