Who was Frank Lloyd-Wright?
Oh, you know… He’s only considered to be the greatest American Architect of the 20th century.
He’s known for a unique approach that he called the “organic style,” which emphasizes harmony between humans and nature. Lloyd-Wright believed that buildings should be designed to fit into their natural surroundings.
Though we design trade show exhibits that, for the most part, are built indoors, there are still many gleanings to take away from this master of design. After all, his work has had a lasting impact on the field of architecture, and he is considered one of the greatest architects of all time.
How does exhibit design support your brand?
Some people can’t fathom the need to invest in design. But the bottom line is this. The largest corporations in the world spend millions of dollars to market and advertise their products. For example, in 2020 alone, L’Oreal spent 2.8 billion on advertisements. Nestle spent 2.6 billion. AT&T 1.1 billion.
Clearly, advertising works. But why?
There’s one simple reason. When businesses advertise and invest in well-designed marketing materials, they’re signaling to prospects and customers that they’re trustworthy.
You can find the same principle in nature. For example, flowers with bright, colorful pedals attract more honeybees. Their color is a sign of health and vitality, which usually indicates pollen. As Rory Sutherland says, a flower is just a weed with an advertising budget.
A well-designed exhibit speaks to prospects on the show floor. It tells them that you believe in your products and services and have the resources to support their needs. That’s how exhibit design supports your brand.
With that said, here are some design quotes from one of the masters that will inspire you as you create your next booth.
10 quotes we love by Frank Lloyd-Wright
1. “A building is alive, like a man, and its spirit is the spirit of its maker.”
2. “The mother art is architecture. Without an architecture of our own we have no soul of our own civilization.”
3. “Every great architect is – necessarily – a great poet. He must be a great original interpreter of his time, his day, his age.”
4. “An architect’s most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.”
5. “We create our buildings and then they create us. Likewise, we construct our circle of friends and our communities and then they construct us. ”
6. “Give me the luxuries of life and I will gladly do without the necessities.”
7. “A physician can bury his mistakes but an architect can only advise his clients to plant vines.”
8. “I don’t create a fantasy world; I create a reality of fantasy.”
9. “Space is the breath of art.”
10. “The human race builds too many walls and not enough bridges.”
My personal favorites are numbers five and eight. An exhibit should embody your brand and bring it to life for people to touch, see and smell. If designed correctly, your booth will attract your target prospects on the show floor and help you grow the budding community around your brand.
To find great examples of awesome exhibits and ideas for your next booth, check out our whitepaper on recent trade show exhibit design trends.
Increase your return on investment and bring in more leads at your next trade show by contacting us or calling The Trade Group at 972-734-8585. We’ll create a design proposal that will help you raise brand awareness and attract buyers.
Photo credit: Pixabay